ICE Bottle and Wearable Cover
Introducing the YUYU ICE Recovery Bottle
After 2 years of idea sharing, learning, discovering and testing this product on some of the world’s elite athletes, our families, our parents, children and in some cases our grandparents, we are celebrating that we can bring this wonderfully innovative ICE Pack for you to try yourselves. We believe it’s truly in a league of its own.
The ICE Recovery Bottle
- Extended Length: The longest ice pack on the market at 90cm (35 inches)
- Customisable Filling Design: Unlike other ice packs, the YUYU ICE Recovery allows users to control the amount of water, liquid or gel that goes inside, providing a personalised recovery experience.
- Flexible and Targeted Relief: 8 connected ICE chambers allowing got easy manipulation around all body parts, offering targeted relief for tailored support and comfort.
- Sustainable Materials: Designed with super light and durable, FDA-approved breathable Thermoplastic Polyurethane (TPU), which is biodegradable in 3-5 years, ensuring minimal impact on the environment.
- Long-Lasting Cooling: Each of the 8 ICE chambers measures 10cm squared, and working together, the bottle is tested to stay ICE cold for 10+ hours or up to 6 hours on the body, depending on the temperature of the environment it’s used in.
- Versatile Use: The ICE Recovery bottle can be used for cold therapy to assist with recovery and training, as well as for cooling down in hot weather. It is also suitable for relieving hot flushes experienced during menopause.
- CE Certified
- Trusted by Elite Athletes: The ICE Recovery bottle is endorsed by leading sports physios and used by world-renowned athletes, gaining trust and recognition in the sports community.
- Easy to Use and Maintain: The bottle's self-fill design and zip seal closure make it easy to use and ensure water tightness. The covers are machine washable at 30 degrees for easy maintenance. Not intended to be used with hot water over 60 degrees
- Internationally Registered Design through the World International Property Organisation.
How to use
Your choice: 1 litre for long lasting freeze, or less for lighter wrap.
Grip top & bottom of bottle & stretch to allow water to run through chambers.
Zip and velcro to close.
Place in plastic bag or YUYU cover and freeze
Place in any YUYU cover
- Will keep cold up to 6 hours on the body, depending on the temperature of your environment!
- Expect condensation inside cover
- Dry cover after use
ICE therapy can contribute to each of these points
- Lower inflammation: Cold therapy, such as ice packs or cold water immersion, can help reduce inflammation by constricting blood vessels and limiting the release of inflammatory substances. It can help decrease swelling, alleviate pain, and promote faster recovery from injuries or intense physical activity.
- Increase fat loss: Cold exposure activates brown adipose tissue (BAT), a type of fat that generates heat by burning calories. When exposed to cold temperatures, BAT is stimulated, leading to increased energy expenditure and potentially aiding in fat loss over time.
- Strengthen immune system: Cold therapy has been shown to activate the immune system, leading to an increase in immune cell activity and the production of certain cytokines. This can enhance the body's defence against pathogens and support overall immune function.
- Sleep better: Cold therapy before bedtime can promote better sleep. The drop in core body temperature induced by cold exposure can help regulate the sleep-wake cycle and promote the release of sleep-promoting hormones, such as melatonin. It can also help relax the body and reduce muscle tension, facilitating a more restful sleep.
- Reduce muscle soreness: Cold therapy, including ice packs or cold baths, can help alleviate muscle soreness and reduce inflammation following intense physical exercise. The cold temperature constricts blood vessels, reducing blood flow to the affected muscles and minimising the buildup of metabolic waste products associated with muscle soreness.
- Have more energy: Cold exposure stimulates the release of hormones like norepinephrine and adrenaline, which can increase alertness, focus, and overall energy levels. It can provide a natural boost and enhance mental and physical performance.
Other amazing benefits of ice therapy!
ICE therapy provides relief during menopause by helping to manage hot flashes.
It offers a soothing and cooling sensation, alleviating discomfort.
ICE therapy can be used for general cooling purposes during daily activities like gardening, walking, or while in bed.
It helps maintain a refreshed and comfortable state.
Mental health - strong mind, better performance
ICE therapy promotes calmness by triggering a natural relaxation response, and can be used by medical professionals to assist patients with heightened emotions like anger or anxiety.
ICE therapy can affect the brain's prefrontal cortex, which is responsible for regulating emotions and decision-making. By reducing inflammation and promoting a sense of calm, ice therapy can help to improve cognitive function and enhance mental capacity.
Where to apply?
Apply ice to the forehead or temples or to the back of the neck or the chest. It's important to note that ice therapy should be used in conjunction with other forms of therapy and treatment as recommended by a healthcare professional.
Physical health - be the strongest I can be
ICE therapy is frequently used to treat acute injuries such as sprains, strains, and bruises by reducing inflammation and swelling, which can help to speed up the healing process and promote recovery, allowing athletes to train at a higher intensity and for longer periods of time.
When an injury occurs, the body's immune system responds by sending white blood cells to the affected area, which can lead to inflammation and swelling. This response is an important part of the healing process, as it helps to remove damaged tissue and prevent infection. However, excessive inflammation can actually slow down the healing process and cause further damage to the tissue.
By applying ice therapy to the affected area, we can help to reduce the amount of inflammation that occurs. The cold temperature causes blood vessels to constrict, which reduces blood flow to the area and decreases swelling. This can help to alleviate pain and speed up the healing process, allowing the injured tissue to recover more quickly.
Ice therapy can help to manage chronic pain conditions in some people by reducing inflammation and swelling through the constriction of blood vessels. This cooling sensation of the ice itself, can also help to reduce pain and numb the area, making it helpful for acute injuries or chronic pain conditions like arthritis, fibromyalgia, and headaches.
Ice therapy can affect neural circuits and pathways in the body by triggering a "cold shock" response, which activates the sympathetic nervous system. This can lead to the release of endorphins, which are natural painkillers that can help to reduce pain and promote a sense of well-being.
How can ICE therapy help with my metabolism?
Exposure to cold temperatures can activate brown adipose tissue (BAT), which generates heat and burns calories, leading to an increase in metabolic rate and potential benefits for weight loss and metabolic health. Ice therapy can also reduce inflammation and oxidative stress, promoting a healthy immune response and supporting overall metabolic health.
Improve immunity - stay illness free!
There is a common belief that people from Scandinavian and Finnish cultures have a youthful appearance and tend to age more gracefully, in part due to their use of ice therapy and saunas. The idea is that the extreme temperatures and stressors involved in these practices can help to stimulate circulation, reduce inflammation, and oxidative stress, which can contribute to immune dysfunction and other health issues. By promoting a healthy immune response and reducing cellular damage, ice therapy may help to support overall immune system function, promote overall skin health, resulting in a more youthful appearance and improve resistance to illness and disease.
Ice therapy can help to improve sleep quality by promoting relaxation and reducing feelings of tension and anxiety. Exposure to cold temperatures through ice therapy can activate the parasympathetic nervous system, which is responsible for the body's "rest and digest" functions. This can lead to a decrease in heart rate and blood pressure, as well as a reduction in cortisol, a hormone associated with stress. By promoting relaxation and reducing stress, ice therapy may help to improve sleep quality and duration, leading to a more restful night's sleep. However, more research is needed to fully understand the relationship between ice therapy and sleep.
How long should I apply ice?
As a general guideline, it's recommended to apply ice for 10-20 minutes at a time, with at least the same amount of time of rest in between applications. This allows the body to gradually adjust to the cooling sensation and reduces the risk of skin or tissue damage from prolonged exposure to cold temperatures. It's important to listen to your body and adjust the duration and frequency of ice therapy as needed to ensure it's effective and comfortable for you.
All YUYU long hot water bottle covers (except for the Cashmere Collection) are machine washable at 30°C.
- Wash with like colours
- Do not tumble dry
- Do not iron
- Do not bleach
For additional care instructions, click here.
Before each use, check to make sure there are no damages (ex. punctures, splitting…etc.) to your YUYU rubber bottle.
To check for any leaks, fill cold or lukewarm water into the YUYU rubber bottle. If you notice that your YUYU rubber bottle is leaking, stop use immediately.
To replace your YUYU rubber bottle, head to the Accessories page.
When not in use
When not in use, keep your YUYU Bottle empty of water and stored in a cool, dry, dark place. We recommend hanging the bottle upside down with the stopper off so that the bottle stays dry inside. Please make sure that the bottle is kept away from direct exposure to sunlight.
For more info on how to care for your cover and YUYU Bottle, head to the Care Instructions page.
We aim to process all orders within 1 working day of when the order is placed. Please note that this does not include English bank or public holidays, or weekends. Please make sure to place your order by 1pm to ensure same day dispatch.
Delivery within the UK starts at £4.95 for our Standard service and £6.95 for Priority (please note this does not guarantee a next day delivery). We also offer a Saturday delivery option within mainland Great Britain.
Delivery to Northern Ireland and the Scottish Highlands is £6.95 (discounted from £10)
We ship worldwide. International delivery is sent with DHL and starts at £13.00.
Brexit: If you live in the EU, we now have a warehouse in Germany. You can order from our EU warehouse by making sure you place your order in EUR instead of GBP (choose the currency in the top menu). If your delivery is to the EU, we recommend that you place your order in EUR to avoid any UK to EU customs charges. If you want to deliver to a non EU address, the order must be placed in GBP.
Final delivery charges are calculated at checkout based on your delivery address as well as the order size. Delivery to remote areas and larger orders may cost more. Please note, some areas may have reduced services due to COVID restrictions, adverse weather conditions or lockdowns.
Please see full delivery and returns details, including a more in depth guide to our delivery rates at yuyubottle.com/delivery-and-returns